POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alternate topic... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Alternate topic... (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Darren New
Subject: Alternate topic...
Date: 22 Mar 2008 14:29:05
Message: <47e55e01$1@news.povray.org>
Ever notice how in movies, whenever a train runs into something, the
train never stops?

People need to get rid of evidence, so they park on the tracks. Or they
barely escape the car stalled on the tracks. Or they land the stolen
military helicopter in front of the freight train to keep it from
falling into the wrong hands.

And the train driver never stops. Nobody gets in trouble for potentially
derailing the train. Nobody even seems to feel bad that they've just
risked the life of the train passengers to get rid of something.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

> Ever notice how in movies, whenever a train runs into something, the
> train never stops?

  Deducing from the rest of your post, don't you mean "whenever the train
is going to run into something on the tracks, no attempt is made to stop
it before the collision"?

> People need to get rid of evidence, so they park on the tracks. Or they
> barely escape the car stalled on the tracks. Or they land the stolen
> military helicopter in front of the freight train to keep it from
> falling into the wrong hands.

> And the train driver never stops. Nobody gets in trouble for potentially
> derailing the train. Nobody even seems to feel bad that they've just
> risked the life of the train passengers to get rid of something.

  I don't actually remember concrete examples I have seen in movies,
but I do have memories of train conductors honking and the brakes being
applied, often making the wheels send dramatic sparks...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message