POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alternate topic... : Re: Alternate topic... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alternate topic...
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Mar 2008 20:01:58
Message: <47e5ac06$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I was speaking more of the fact that in (for example) Back To The
>> Future, (third one I guess,) when he finally destroys the car by parking
>> it on the tracks, he then stands around chatting about it, rather than
>> running away so he doesn't get caught.
>
>   That may be one example. Do you have more?-)

Hmmm. The movie starring the same actor who starred in Jaws, where he
steals the blue military helicopter, and eventually sets it down on the
tracks in front of the freight train when he runs out of fuel.  (Altho I
suppose one could argue in that case he was already way more screwed
than the trouble a simple thing like derailing a train would get him
into. :-)

I think one of the Final Destination movies had the car getting hit by
the train and the train not stopping.

I just don't remember *any* scene where someone gets hit by a train and
the train stops.  Except the Matrix (the subway train bit), which
doesn't really count, as one can reasonably assume it was the person who
got hit by the train that stopped the train.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"