POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How *annoying* is this? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  How *annoying* is this? (Message 18 to 27 of 37)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: How *annoying* is this?
Date: 18 Mar 2008 11:41:55
Message: <47dff0d3@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> Web pages that refuse the 'back' button.
>
>   I have noticed Firefox fixed this problem some time ago. In it, instead
> of the back button going strictly to the previous page, it goes to the
> previous user-specified page. In other words, if a page immediately
> redirects to another page using javascript or meta refresh or whatever,
> Firefox's back button will skip that intermediate page when going back.
>
>   Quite handy. (I don't understand why *all* browsers don't do this.
> It just doesn't make sense to go back to a page which effectively
> immediately goes forward again.)

Yes, it's quite handy with povray news web interface itself, which
constantly reloads the pages for updates.  Someday I was browsing it
with IE and after I came back to it in a while I had to go back several
times in order to get to the main page.  A non-issue in FF.

Post a reply to this message

> Yes, it's quite handy with povray news web interface itself, which
> constantly reloads the pages for updates.  Someday I was browsing it
> with IE and after I came back to it in a while I had to go back several
> times in order to get to the main page.  A non-issue in FF.

o_O

I never saw reloading the *current page* causing extra entries on the
back button.

Post a reply to this message