POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How *annoying* is this? : Re: How *annoying* is this? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How *annoying* is this?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Mar 2008 18:29:47
Message: <47e0506b$1@news.povray.org>

47e02cf2$1@news.povray.org...
> "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote in message
>>
>> Some years ago there was a rash of people loading other people's content
>> in
>> their own frames, making it look as if they were the author of the
>> content.
>
>    Really? People did that with other peoples websites? *Why* would they
> do that? For what reason?

I guess they got money from ads in the top frame without having to create
content and pay for bandwith. The system goes on with all those websites
copying content from Wikipedia or from ready-made article databases, just as
lazy/stupid but a little more honest (and they pay for they own bandwith).

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com