POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  You know you've been tracing too long when... (Message 92 to 101 of 161)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
Date: 19 Mar 2008 10:52:22
Message: <47e136b6$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>> Right. Well to me, if the prices have different numbers of *digits* in
>> them, they're pretty damn far apart! ;-)
>
> That's why they sell stuff for $999 instead of $1000.

Wow. I thought only the Americans did that crap. :-)  I don't remember
anything in Europe costing something other than a nice round number.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 19 Mar 2008 10:53:57
Message: <47e13715$1@news.povray.org>

> Wow. I thought only the Americans did that crap. :-)  I don't remember
> anything in Europe costing something other than a nice round number.

A supermarket around here celebrated its 5 years with an ad on the
newspaper saying something like "happy 4.99 (uh, sorry, it's the habit)".

Post a reply to this message