POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 19 Mar 2008 11:42:49
Message: <47e14289@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I have a 1.9 Astra at the moment and I hate it (I didn't have any choice
> in the matter).  A) the turbo-lag is so bad that it's dangerous
> sometimes, you put your foot down and nothing happens for at least 1
> second, *then* it goes.

Astra 1.9 DTi (the now-selling common rail engine) and a over second
long turbo-lag? Sounds like something's seriously wrong - Saab 9-3SC
with the same engine has one of the unnoticeable turbolags I've ever driven.

  > They are getting on for supercars, like Aston Martins, Porsches and
> Ferraris, certainly not family cars.  I'm talking about cars like a BMW
> 320, Audi A4 etc, Mercedes C Class, all would be looked upon as a luxury
> family car and cost about 25k (compared to say a basic Ford Mondeo or
> Peugeot 407 which can be had for around 15000 pounds).  You can even get
> a brand new Porsche for 33k.

Actually 407 sounds a lot more luxury than base-priced A4 (or can you

(actually painful with little children, as the look-backwards
-childseats can't fit behind 180cm driver), uncomfortable, slow, lousily
equipped and it doesn't actually handle well. I've always wondered where
the heck the hype of "French comfort" comes from - then I drove few
VAG's (3 Golf Variant's, 4 Audi A4 Avant's)...

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net