POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Misunderstanding Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Misunderstanding (Message 11 to 20 of 28)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Misunderstanding
Date: 13 Mar 2008 11:36:38
Message: <47d95816$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> meh, thunderbird sucks. Even Outlook Express had way better newsgroup
> handling. Thunderbird doesn't keep a cache at all. You have two options:
> get messages deleted from the cache shortly after you read them, or
> download ALL the damned messages of the newsgroup. You can't make it
> cache what you already saw and only what you already saw.
>
> Also, it has a horrible way to handle messages with attachments. It
> seems to first download the whole message, attachments included. Shows
> only text. Then for each attachment present, it re-downloads the whole
> message again...

It does, however, have a number of useful features.

It wraps text *in the compose window*, so you can see what it will look
like when posted. Text written between stars comes out in bold.
Superscripts work. [and other misc features] It has [some] emoticons.
It's doesn't top-post.

OTOH, the compose editor is rather buggy, especially regarding quoted
text. (Especially if it's in HTML mode!) And you have to utter voodoo
enchantments to make the spell checker work properly.

And how could anyone forget - IT WON'T THREAD MESSAGES CORRECTLY!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> And how could anyone forget - IT WON'T THREAD MESSAGES CORRECTLY!

<Warp> You should demand your money back. </Warp>

;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"