POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Misunderstanding : Re: Misunderstanding Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Misunderstanding
From: Fa3ien
Date: 14 Mar 2008 07:37:39
Message: <47da7193$1@news.povray.org>

> 47d93f4d$1@news.povray.org...
>> BTW, the little story wasn't about "how stupid are users" but rather how
>> I, inconsciously, thought that "text file" was equal to "ascii" for
>> anyone (which is natural and obvious for geeks).  I can't say she's wrong
>> if she thinks "text file" == ".doc", of course.
>
> Also, if she was coming from a corporate environment, it's quite possible
> that she was using Word as an email editor, including Word's built-in
> signature editor.

They do very surprising things, in corporate environments !

In fact, people in geek-less environments tend to do very surprising things,
it seems.

Most architectural firms around here uses PhotoShop (the free version, which
comes on a CD-R) to crop and resize Jpegs...

I'm somewhat distorted, because 1) I've never worked in another place than
my current one, and 2) the local geek, that's me !

latest news :
Yesterday, I've discovered that, although she wrote a thesis and numerous
wordprocessing stuff, as a student and during her first work experience,
she didn't knew about "search and replace" feature. Ah, reality...
(it seems that, today, she discovered the TAB key,...)

Fabien.