POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : USB Input device disabling Windows power management Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  USB Input device disabling Windows power management (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Chambers
Subject: USB Input device disabling Windows power management
Date: 9 Mar 2008 01:45:07
Message: <47d38773$1@news.povray.org>
Long title, but it pretty much says it all.

I have a USB input device, a game controller.  When this is plugged in,
my monitor never gets turned off by the Windows power management (the
hard drives, however, spin down as they should, so the problem is only
limited to the display).

Unplugging the device (inconvenient, as I only have rear USB ports)
makes everything work as it should.

This is a major inconvenience, as I often leave my computer on for long
periods of time, and I like having my monitor turn itself off to save power.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get around this?

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

PS Yes, I've tried Google.  Nothing came up that looked useful (mostly
just reviews for the game controller I'm using).

PPS Yes, I know that I can unplug the controller.  I'm looking for a
method of making the Windows power management behave as it should, not a
way to work around it.

PPPS Yes, I know I can manually turn the monitor on and off.  See PPS,
above.

Post a reply to this message