POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : USB Input device disabling Windows power management : Re: USB Input device disabling Windows power management Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: USB Input device disabling Windows power management
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Mar 2008 14:58:40
Message: <47d6e470@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> If you find a way to make anything in Windows behave the way it should,
> come back to us.  Inquiring minds want to know.

It is behaving as it should. The game controller device driver is
telling Windows not to stop supplying power to it. So Windows does what
it should.

Now, if the game controller doesn't have problems with going into
low-power mode, then it should let Windows do that. Blame the controller.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"