POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  RIP Gary Gygax (Message 191 to 200 of 230)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: RIP Gary Gygax
Date: 11 Mar 2008 14:09:08
Message: <47d6d8d4$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> A lot of the bloat comes from inefficient coding - after all, I can put
> 32 GB of memory in a machine nowadays, so why do I need to worry about
> optimisation?

Hey Warp! This is the kind of comment I was talking about when I was
being amused by having a >32meg boot partition on Linux. "Oh, for the
good old days, when your boot loader would fit on the biggest hard drive
you could buy!"  :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"