POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD solves my life Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  XKCD solves my life (Message 31 to 40 of 45)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: XKCD solves my life
Date: 6 Mar 2008 08:32:58
Message: <47cff28a@news.povray.org>
>> God damnit we were bored stupid...
>
> Same thing happens once you grow up too.  I notice lots of people using
> "basically" and "at the end of the day" way too often...  Not to mention
> the fact that me, my girlfriend, my sister, and her boyfriend all spoke
> to each other like Borat for a few months after we saw the film.

Hmm, interesting.

Maybe I don't experience this quite so much because I don't have any
friends and don't talk to anybody?

Oh, wait. You're all ham touchers...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 Mar 2008 10:02:18
Message: <47d0077a@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> One day, somebody discovered a word we'd never heard of called
>> "blatent". The dictionary definition he looked up suggested that it
>> basically means "lots". (Which I now comprehend is *not* exactly
>> correct.) For the next 6 months or so, it was blatent-this and
>> blatent-that. Like, "OMG, dude, that girl is *blatently* hot!"
>>
>> God damnit we were bored stupid...
>
> Same thing happens once you grow up too.  I notice lots of people using
> "basically" and "at the end of the day" way too often...  Not to mention
> the fact that me, my girlfriend, my sister, and her boyfriend all spoke
> to each other like Borat for a few months after we saw the film.

"Literally" is my pet hate in this regard. It's hardly ever used
correctly in context, just as a general-purpose superlative. I'm
literally going to kill the next person who does this in earshot. ;-D

Post a reply to this message