POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD solves my life : Re: XKCD solves my life Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD solves my life
From: Phil Cook
Date: 6 Mar 2008 11:01:01
Message: <op.t7lqrfvec3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:41:41 -0000, Bill Pragnell
<bil### [at] hotmailcom> did spake, saying:

> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>>> "Literally" is my pet hate in this regard. It's hardly ever used
>>> correctly in context, just as a general-purpose superlative. I'm
>>> literally going to kill the next person who does this in earshot. ;-D
>>  I want to shoot every idiot who mixes up 'of' and 'have'. How the hell
>> can you confuse those??? I mean in cases like "I could of done it". WTF

Dialects - "I could have done it" being pronounced as "I cud uv done it"
with a small hop to "I cud ov done it" and then well you can see what
happens. It's literally very easy to do :-P

> *nods sadly* Yup, all too common. Misused apostrophes get my goat too.
> I'd be willing to forgive non-native speakers, but they usually get it
> right more often than the natives...

There taut too right proply.

> <rant>
> The plural of CD is CDs !!!