POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD solves my life Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  XKCD solves my life (Message 16 to 25 of 45)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: XKCD solves my life
Date: 5 Mar 2008 16:42:06
Message: <47cf13ae@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I'm an oddball, I grew up in Minnesota, but I call it "soda".  In
> Chicago, at least my uncle called it "RC".

Man, I haven't had RC in forever.

Here's another copy of the map:
http://tastyresearch.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/popvssodamap.png

(I grew up near Chicago, and we called it pop)

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Mar 2008 17:01:32
Message: <47cf183c$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:42:05 -0500, Tim Cook wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I'm an oddball, I grew up in Minnesota, but I call it "soda".  In
>> Chicago, at least my uncle called it "RC".
>
> Man, I haven't had RC in forever.

Same here.  Long may it last. ;-)

> Here's another copy of the map:
> http://tastyresearch.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/popvssodamap.png
>
> (I grew up near Chicago, and we called it pop)

That was more common - my half brother used to live in Lombard, and
that's what he called it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Kyle
Date: 5 Mar 2008 17:57:52
Message: <n89us39ajvo3dkl9ktql5149b4p0nsdj3q@4ax.com>
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:52:23 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>Is this game an American travelling game
>only?

I dunno.  Andrew may be familiar with it, since he started the post, and I think he's
in the UK.

Post a reply to this message