POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Adventures with digital painting (Message 128 to 137 of 197)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Adventures with digital painting
Date: 11 Mar 2008 13:47:08
Message: <47d6d3ac$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Portability is a key feature of unix-like systems.

I always have to cringe a bit when someone decides that two different
versions of source code in one file means it's "portable".

#ifdef isn't a sign of portability. It's a sign of lack of portability.
If your 32-bit code breaks on a 64-bit machine, your language isn't
portable.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"