POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreams Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Dreams (Message 1 to 10 of 89)
From: Invisible
Subject: Dreams
Date: 27 Feb 2008 06:03:51
Message: <47c54397$1@news.povray.org>
You know how sometimes you're just laying in bed trying to go to sleep,
and suddenly you get that feeling like you're falling really fast just
for a split second? I really hate that. Makes me jump out of my skin...
but then of course you realise you only imagined it.

At about 1 AM today, I woke up and it seemed like the entire bed was
shaking. And shaking fairly hard, actually. As if there was a washing
machine on a spin cycle next to my bed. And then after a moment or two
it stopped.

I couldn't figure out how that would be possible, so I figured I was
just dreaming or something. But I remember being annoyed at being awake,
and checking the clock to see what the hell the time is. It took a
while, but eventually I managed to go back to sleep.

Oh, and in other news, apparently there was an earth quake last night...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> You know how sometimes you're just laying in bed trying to go to sleep,
> and suddenly you get that feeling like you're falling really fast just
> for a split second? I really hate that. Makes me jump out of my skin...
> but then of course you realise you only imagined it.

  Blog... ;)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> At about 1 AM today, I woke up and it seemed like the entire bed was
> shaking. And shaking fairly hard, actually. As if there was a washing
> machine on a spin cycle next to my bed. And then after a moment or two
> it stopped.

I get that every once in a while - I could say maybe once per 2 months oslt.

There's a train track at 200-300 meters away from here and if a _very_
heavy train passes by all the surrounding grounds shake up a bit. The
first time was freaking, while the bed just starts shaking a lot (my bed
_amplificates_ the darn shaking, so it's pretty more noticeable at the
bed than anywhere else).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

>> At about 1 AM today, I woke up and it seemed like the entire bed was
>> shaking. And shaking fairly hard, actually. As if there was a washing
>> machine on a spin cycle next to my bed. And then after a moment or two
>> it stopped.
>>

> I get that every once in a while - I could say maybe once per 2 months
> oslt.
>
> There's a train track at 200-300 meters away from here and if a _very_
> heavy train passes by all the surrounding grounds shake up a bit. The
> first time was freaking, while the bed just starts shaking a lot (my bed
> _amplificates_ the darn shaking, so it's pretty more noticeable at the
> bed than anywhere else).

Oh, that's nice... You must really enjoy living there. :-S

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Eero Ahonen <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:
> There's a train track at 200-300 meters away from here and if a _very_
> heavy train passes by all the surrounding grounds shake up a bit. The
> first time was freaking, while the bed just starts shaking a lot (my bed
> _amplificates_ the darn shaking, so it's pretty more noticeable at the
> bed than anywhere else).

  One could think that some law (hmm, what's "kaavoitus" in English?)
would prohibit building too close to train tracks and other such noisy
environments, but I suppose not.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message