POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires (Message 21 to 30 of 75)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires
Date: 26 Feb 2008 03:30:45
Message: <47c3ce35@news.povray.org>
> I'm pretty sure studded snow tires aren't going to make it safe to drive
> if you get the kind of conditions that let the car slide sideways at a
> sedate speed without slowing for fifty meters (like at 1:02 into the
> video).

You've never seen cars racing on ice then?  They have metal studs that dig
into the ice and create grip - it's amazing how much grip they have.  I was
in a taxi once in Finland and was pretty unbelievable how hard he could
brake on the snow/ice and how fast he could go round a corner without
skidding at all.

Post a reply to this message