POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Internet censorship in Finland (Message 21 to 30 of 90)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Internet censorship in Finland
Date: 14 Feb 2008 06:06:00
Message: <47b42098@news.povray.org>
> But then there should be a procedure by which a citizen can challenge
> the blocking (blockage?) of a certain web site, and have that decided by
> a committee (which could ultimately be taken to a court of law).

Yep, there should be, but again in practise it's not really going to work.
It could take weeks or months to go through that process, and websites can
change their content continuously.  By the time some review comes up, the
content could have changed, which un-blocks it anyway, or after some ruling
the content could change again which then blocks it again.

Better to just fine-tune the blocking policies as time goes on and live with
a few border-line sites that are classified incorrectly.

Post a reply to this message