POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Warp
Date: 14 Feb 2008 06:35:54
Message: <47b42799@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> If an ISP ended up blocking a few legal websites, through their process of
> blocking thousands of illegal ones, I'm sure that would be ok too.

  Yeah, yeah, the end justifies the means.

  The police having free control over what gets censored and what doesn't,
independently of whether censoring something is legal or not, and without
anyone watching over the process, ie. in other words the police can break
the law without consequences, is one sign of a police state.

  Who watches the police so that they don't break the law in this matter?
Nobody.

--
                                                          - Warp