POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  And today, C# (Message 21 to 30 of 82)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: And today, C#
Date: 12 Feb 2008 14:53:36
Message: <47b1f940$2@news.povray.org>
Warp escribió:
> MS had to rename their version of the language "J++")

I think it's actually J#.

>   I don't even care if C# is a thousand times better than Java. I hate
> it by principle and by extreme prejudice, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I know Java, and use it sometimes. I don't know C# and refuse to get
anywhere close to .NET

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 12 Feb 2008 14:58:14
Message: <47b1fa56$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Warp escribió:
>> MS had to rename their version of the language "J++")
>>

> I think it's actually J#.

No, I think J++ and J# are seperate languages. J++ is M$'s non-compliant
"Java" VM, whereas J# is a Java-like language for the .NET framework.

> I know Java, and use it sometimes. I don't know C# and refuse to get
> anywhere close to .NET

Likewise.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I know Java, and use it sometimes. I don't know C# and refuse to get
> anywhere close to .NET

  What's wrong with .NET?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote:
>> I know Java, and use it sometimes. I don't know C# and refuse to get
>> anywhere close to .NET
>
>   What's wrong with .NET?

It's from Microsoft...?

Principle and extreme prejudice, I guess.

Post a reply to this message