POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# : Re: And today, C# Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And today, C#
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Feb 2008 16:03:27
Message: <47b2099f@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> ....so they implemented Java's flawed MI-but-not-MI model? How is that
> fixing the flaws from other major programming languages?

Probably fixing what they saw as flawed MI in C++. :-)

Me, I like the Common Lisp object system.

> Ever tried to use multiple inheritance in Eiffel?

I used Eiffel a bit. I kind of gave it up when the compiler for this
language which is supposed to support extreme correctness couldn't
compile the hello world program that was the skeleton project the IDE
created for you when you start a new project.

> Since I am presumably the only person here who has ever heard of Eiffel, let me go
over it.

Nah. I used it for a bit.

> Suppose that class A inherits from classes B and C, which themselves inherit from D.
Suppose that D defines an attribute called, say, banana. That means that B and C each
have a copy of banana. In A, these two copies are automatically merged by default.
> Alternatively, you can rename one (or both) copies to something else.

Did they ever actually implement this? It's how it's *supposed* to work,
but never did, IME.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?