POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# : Re: And today, C# Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And today, C#
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 12 Feb 2008 15:14:58
Message: <47b1fe42@news.povray.org>
Warp escribió:
> Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote:
>> Warp escribi�:
>>>   What's wrong with .NET?
>>>

>> It's from Microsoft...?
>
>> Principle and extreme prejudice, I guess.
>
>   Not *everything* from Microsoft is that bad.

I know. I didn't say everything from Microsoft is bad. So? That won't
make me use .NET.

I once saw a website of some guy increasing his ego by claiming he could
do one application a day, in .NET (probably C#). And indeed he could,
and finished saying "can you do THIS in your programming language?".
Well I hope I can't. Even the most silly apps used at least 40MB of
memory. That little thing is one more point against .NET in my mind.

>   Perhaps a bit surprisingly, Microsoft even has some open-source
> projects, under OSI-compliant licenses. For example:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Template_Library

I know. There's also WiX, a free toolset to make MSI-based installers
from XML configuration files. Released under the Common Public License.

And probably many others.