POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  CD collection (Message 67 to 76 of 166)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: CD collection
Date: 8 Feb 2008 16:34:25
Message: <47accae1$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:20:47 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> Ah, yes, I probably have.  Though I prefer the one from Gotterdammerung
>
> I heard that from opera excerpts.  It's ok, but it lacks Chopin's
> characteristic melancholy.

Well, yes - Wagner was a bit louder, for one thing.  Still, Hagen's
funeral march is quite spectacular, musically speaking.

>> or something like Saint-Saens' Danse Macabre. :-)
>
> that's better off as Halloween music... ;)

True, true, and I can't believe I misspelled it (thanks for the silent
spelling correction <g>).  After all, the disc is right here on my desk.
<g>

Jim

Post a reply to this message