POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Feb 2008 18:44:03
Message: <47ace943$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 23:20:53 +0100, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Actually, I was surprised that the Amazon downloadable Complete LOTR
>> soundtracks are in MP3 format.  I don't *think* there's any DRM
>> involved (which was really surprising).
>
> But maybe they can tell who bought the mp3 file by looking at it...
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=mp3+watermark+amazon

I'm sure they probably can.  That's a bit different than DRM, though,
which has the explicit stated goal of preventing people from
"inappropriate use".  Watermarking allows them to act reactivley - and I
believe is fairly easy to remove anyways...

mplayer -ao pcm:file=temp.wav file.mp3
lame -h temp.wav file-without-watermark.mp3

(Might have the parameters wrong, but I think you know what I mean).

Jim