POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  CD collection (Message 11 to 20 of 166)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: CD collection
Date: 8 Feb 2008 09:21:30
Message: <47ac656a$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Really? What makes you say that?
>
> Haven't used audio CDs for years now, not since I got rid of my old car
> that wouldn't play MP3 CDs.
>
> On my PC I listen to MP3s that are stored on its hard drive.
>
> In the kitchen I plug a USB memory stick into the mini-hifi system.
>
> In my car I burn a CD full of MP3s - hopefully my new car will have a
> USB socket so I don't ever need to use CDs again.
>
> In my sitting room I use the PS3 to stream music from my PC.
>
> My CD player has been sat around unused for at least the last 5 years.

So if you don't have any CDs, where do you get all these MP3s from?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Feb 2008 09:32:07
Message: <47ac67e7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> So if you don't have any CDs, where do you get all these MP3s from?

8 track tapes, I imagine... :)

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 8 Feb 2008 10:08:24
Message: <47ac7068$1@news.povray.org>
> So if you don't have any CDs, where do you get all these MP3s from?

Have you heard of the internet yet?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 8 Feb 2008 10:11:26
Message: <47ac711e@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> So if you don't have any CDs, where do you get all these MP3s from?
>
> Have you heard of the internet yet?

So, what, you only listen to illegal music?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 8 Feb 2008 10:23:24
Message: <47ac73ec@news.povray.org>
> scott wrote:
> >> So if you don't have any CDs, where do you get all these MP3s from?
> >
> > Have you heard of the internet yet?
>
> So, what, you only listen to illegal music?

You are behind the times

Selling music online is a huge industry. I-Tunes store is just one example.
Amazon's started recently too.

Pity most don't work if you're outside the USA.....

Post a reply to this message

> So, what, you only listen to illegal music?

  Only illegal music can be transferred over the internet?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message