POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Feb 2008 10:36:21
Message: <47ac76f5$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Interesting...
>
> Last time I heard, lots of conpanies *wanted* to start selling music
> downloads, but nobody could think of a way of preventing everybody
> pirating it, so they were all too scared to go down that route.

See? This is what happens when you live under a rock ... Car radios get
more sophisticated, and can load up more than 10 albums to a single CD,
and people actually buy music off the internet, and you seem not to be
aware of these (not so) recent innovations.

> I'm still amused by one quote a read: "Trying to make data not copyable
> is like trying to make water not wet."
>
> So, how have they solved that apparently unsolvable problem then?

Well, the data is encrypted, of course, encryption is meant to be broken