POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! (Message 31 to 40 of 67)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo!
Date: 10 Feb 2008 10:18:40
Message: <47af15d0$1@news.povray.org>

> nemesis wrote:
>> well, you should agree that Yahoo! is not "about a
>> philanthropy/philosophy for
>> service for the humanity".  They are at it for the money just as much
>> as M$.
>
> http://forgood.yahoo.com/index.html

And Microsoft donates LOTS to charity, and Google has
http://google.org/. Your point?

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 10 Feb 2008 11:25:00
Message: <web.47af252f4d3a639348af2500@news.povray.org>

> > nemesis wrote:
> >> well, you should agree that Yahoo! is not "about a
> >> philanthropy/philosophy for
> >> service for the humanity".  They are at it for the money just as much
> >> as M$.
> >
> > http://forgood.yahoo.com/index.html
>
> And Microsoft donates LOTS to charity, and Google has
> http://google.org/. Your point?

oh, how beautiful!  Monopolies with a soul, megacorps with a soft spot... ain't
mankind making progress from the days where slavery was the rule and coal mine
workers died from lung cancer?...

Now we have megaoligopolies with a heart, execs in suit with a Mickey Mouse
positive thinking, caring for the well being of their employees and society.
They take billions a year and in return give away a few million bucks to help
out those poor souls who have no water, no food, no house and no Vista...

that's touching...

Post a reply to this message