POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! : Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Micrsoft trying to buy Yahoo!
From: somebody
Date: 10 Feb 2008 11:34:50
Message: <47af27aa$1@news.povray.org>
"Saul Luizaga" <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message

> Point taken. BUT some Google produts are free of ads and are useful

As are a lot of MS products.

> > Say what you want about Microsoft, it's still primarily a software
company
> > that creates and sells IT products.

> Which are in many cases slower and sometimes so crappy.

Than what? How do you measure crappiness?

> I've heard so
> many times saying I'm not using this MS product because is too slow,
> features are difficult to use, lacks of this and that, the GUI is a
> mess, this product does better on this and that...

It's natural to say that about the software products you use. I've said that
about *all* software vendors I dealt with. The fact that MS singles out in
your mind only means that you have used more MS products than other vendors,
nothing more.

Software development isn't easy, unless you are a one trick pony, don't have
an installed customer base, have interoperability requirements, need to
support users, have to respect backwards compatibility, respond to user
demands... etc.