POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection Server Time
12 Oct 2024 15:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Music selection (Message 52 to 61 of 241)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Music selection
Date: 1 Feb 2008 12:26:41
Message: <47a35651$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:26:34 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   You advertise your blog but you don't use it. You still haven't
>   learned,
> I see. ;)

The fact that he has continued to post means he's making progress in the
"not caring what other people think" department.  Good job, Invis!
(seriously!).

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Kyle
Date: 1 Feb 2008 12:29:14
Message: <sqk6q392a025b1cgi3ofsbr6sn0k4comed@4ax.com>
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:29:36 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>OOOOOOHHHH YEAH!
>It's like LIGHTNING!
>Everybody was FRIGHTNING!
>But the music was SOOTHING!
>And then they all started GROOVING!
>
>And the man in the back said "everyone attack" and it turned into a
>ballroom blitz.
>And the girl in the corner said "boy I wanna warm ya, it'll turn into a
>ballroom blitz"... Ballroom blitz!
>
>[You have no idea how long I had that thing stuck in my head!]

I used to listen to the Krokus version of that song repeatedly.  Come to think of it,
I probably still would if I had a copy of it other than the one I have on vinyl.

>It's just a jump to the left,
>And then a step to the right.
>With your hands on your hips,
>You bring your knees in tight.
>But it's the pelvic thrust
>That really drives you insane.
>Let's do the Time Warp again!
>
>[Oh you have GOT me to KIDDING me!!]

Oh dear.  I assume you've seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show?

>Mirrors on the ceiling,
>The pink champagne on ice
>And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
>And in the master's chambers,
>They gathered for the feast
>They stab it with their steely knives,
>But they just can't kill the beast

I listened to this one too much when I was younger.  I only like to hear it
occasionally now.

>Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite,
>Looking forward to a little afternoon delight.
>Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite,
>And the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting.
>Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Oooo, afternoon delight.

A little afternoon delight is always good.  ;-)

>Oh when I look back now
>That summer seemed to last forever
>And if I had the choice
>Yeah - I'd always wanna be there
>Those were the best days of my life

Annoying.

>If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
>I'd been married long time ago.
>Where did you come from, where did you go?
>Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?
>
>[Are you KIDDING me??!?!]

Now it's going to be stuck in my head all day.

>All the leaves are brown,
>And the sky is grey.
>I've been for a walk
>On a winter's day.
>I'd be safe and warm
>If I was in L.A.
>California dreaming...

That's a good laid-back one.

>(Wake me up)
>Wake me up inside.
>(I can't wake up)
>Wake me up inside.
>(Save me)
>Call my name and save me from the dark.
>(Wake me up)
>Bid my blood to run.
>(I can't wake up)
>Before I come undone.
>(Save me)
>Save me from the nothing I've become.

I love this song, but everything else they do all sounds the same to me, drab and
annoying.

>Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll....
>You know you make me wanna SHOUT!
>Kick my heels up and SHOUT!
>Throw my hands up and SHOUT!
>Throw my head back and SHOUT!
>Come on now...

I always think of Animal House when I hear this.

>I dont know who you are or what you do, or where you go when youre not
>around.
>I dont know anything about you baby, but youre everything Im dreaming of.
>I dont know who you are, but youre a real dead ringer for love.
>A real dead ringer for love.

This is the only one I don't know by reading the lyrics.  All of the others come to
mind right away.

Post a reply to this message

> Oh dear.  I assume you've seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show?

I've heard tell of it, but I know nothing about it other than the name.
And this God-aweful song.

> A little afternoon delight is always good.  ;-)

Really?

>> If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
>> I'd been married long time ago.
>> Where did you come from, where did you go?
>> Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?
>>
>> [Are you KIDDING me??!?!]
>
> Now it's going to be stuck in my head all day.

Hahahaha!

Do you remember a few months later they made an identical song with
slightly different lyrics? I can't even remember the name now...

>> All the leaves are brown,
>> And the sky is grey.
>> I've been for a walk
>> On a winter's day.
>> I'd be safe and warm
>> If I was in L.A.
>> California dreaming...
>
> That's a good laid-back one.

I agree.

>> (Wake me up)
>> Wake me up inside.
>> (I can't wake up)
>> Wake me up inside.
>> (Save me)
>> Call my name and save me from the dark.
>> (Wake me up)
>> Bid my blood to run.
>> (I can't wake up)
>> Before I come undone.
>> (Save me)
>> Save me from the nothing I've become.
>
> I love this song, but everything else they do all sounds the same to me, drab and
annoying.

It's... different. (Since I don't know who it is, I can't comment on the
rest.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/