POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Music selection (Message 21 to 30 of 241)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Music selection
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:28:31
Message: <47a33a9f@news.povray.org>

>>> But sung by whom?
>>
>> Beats me...
>
> At least you didn't say Madonna <shakes head sadly>

...Madonna did it too? Woah.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:29:08
Message: <47a33ac4$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   You advertise your blog but you don't use it. You still haven't learned,
> I see. ;)

Ah, c'mon, I just thought this would make a little game that a few
people might enjoy joining in with... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:29:14
Message: <47a33aca$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> And lo on Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:49:24 -0000, Gail Shaw sa dot com>
> <"<initialsurname"@sentech> did spake, saying:
>

>> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>>
>>> He was a skater boy,
>>> She said see you later boy.
>>
>> Skater boy.
>
> Shouldnt' that be Sk8er boy?

Or even more irritatingly, sk8er boi?

(I believe the futility of making a word resemble txt-spk by turning it
into another word of equal character length has been discussed previously)

Post a reply to this message

"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
> And lo on Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:49:24 -0000, Gail Shaw sa dot com>
> <"<initialsurname"@sentech> did spake, saying:
>

> > "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
> >
> >> He was a skater boy,
> >> She said see you later boy.
> >
> > Skater boy.
>
> Shouldnt' that be Sk8er boy?

No. I don't do leet, or similar travesties of the english language.

> >> I started singing
> >> "Bye-bye, miss american pie."
> >
> > American pie
>
> But sung by whom?

I have no bloody clue.

Post a reply to this message

No. 8 has the t sound in it. If anything, drop the e.
Sk8r = Sk-ate-r

Post a reply to this message

> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>>> Shouldnt' that be Sk8er boy?
>> Shouldn't that be Sk8ter boy?
>
> No. 8 has the t sound in it. If anything, drop the e.
> Sk8r = Sk-ate-r

<= I wasn't good enough for her. :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>>> Shouldn't that be Sk8ter boy?
>>
>> No. 8 has the t sound in it. If anything, drop the e.
>> Sk8r = Sk-ate-r
>
> <= I wasn't good enough for her. :-(

Oh, why d'you have to go and make things so complicated?

Post a reply to this message