POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:45:38
Message: <op.t5ure5d8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:40:32 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>>> And the man in the back said "everyone attack" and it turned into a
>>> ballroom blitz.
>>> And the girl in the corner said "boy I wanna warn ya, it'll turn into a
>>> ballroom blitz"... Ballroom blitz!
>>>
>>> [You have no idea how long I had that thing stuck in my head!]
>>  I tend to be stuck on the the Wayne's World version.
>
> I told my dad I had this stuck in my head, and he just looked at me and
> casually said "oh, that's sweet".
>
> *rimshot*

I'm whistling it as I type.

>>> Something tells me I'm into something good.
>>  Yep good old Herman's Hermits
>
> Them again?? Damn, that's 2 cool songs I know they did...

They did more then one song!? :-P

>>> Let's do the Time Warp again!
>>>
>>> [Oh you have GOT me to KIDDING me!!]
>>  Ah now it's one of only three musicals I can stand.
>
> ...??

Bugsy Malone, Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror.

"You'll be a dentist, you have a talent for causing great PAIN"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

>>> Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
>> <snip>
>>> [Dude, WTF? You're just making this up now...]
>>  Ookay
>
> Seriously, it's like, this normal love song, but in the background
> there's a bunch of guys chanting nonesense words... very odd, but quite
> beautiful... yet still... very odd.

Rings no bells.

>>> Oh when I look back now
>>> That summer seemed to last forever
>>> And if I had the choice
>>> Yeah - I'd always wanna be there
>>> Those were the best days of my life
>>  Nope can't place that either
>
> If I meantioned that it was in the summer of sixty-nine you might stand
> a chance..

As demonstrated elsewhere no, no I wouldn't.

>>> If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
>>> I'd been married long time ago.
>>> Where did you come from, where did you go?
>>> Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?
>>>
>>> [Are you KIDDING me??!?!]
>>  Hey I've got that one too.
>
> Seriously. We've got all this country and folk music, and then THIS
> comes on... WHAT???

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haaa!

>>> Wooo-ooo0000! Living on a prayer!
>>  <sigh>
>
> Quality stuff... but you wouldn't want to play it too often.

Exactly.

>>> He was a skater boy,
>>> She said see you later boy.
>>  Look at me I'm really street. Yeah Avril now shut up.
>
> LOL!
>
> Who's Avril? Isn't that a brand of aspirin or something?

About right, see elsewhere.

>>> California dreaming...
>>  Damn fine.
>
> I prefer the Beach Boys' version. This one has much thinner harmonies
> and less tuneful backing...

Heretic, burn him.

>>> (Save me)
>>> Save me from the nothing I've become.
>>  Not their best.
>
> Who is it?
>
> And why doesn't *my* electric guitar ever sound like this?

Evanescense; and post-processing dude, post-processing.

>>> And singing, "This’ll be the day that I die.
>>> This’ll be the day that I die."
>>>
>>> [God damn miserable song...]
>>  Still a good song though.
>
> Erm, no... not really, no...

and yet start it off and most people can join in. A bit like Hey Jude.

>>> Sure plays a mean pinball!
>>  De dum dum dum de dum.
>
> Who was that?
>
> *rimshot*

Almost scaring me there.

>>> [All together now...]
>>>
>>> You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.
>>  Ah Manfred Mann via Dylan.
>
> Uh... what?

or not. I thought it was Dylan as writer then performed by Manfred Mann,
maybe I'm wrong; or you were listening to a cover?

>>> Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll....
>>> You know you make me wanna SHOUT!
>>>
>>> [Damn, that women needs to STAND BACK FROM THE MICROPHONE! Jesus she's
>>> scary... At least, I *presume* it's a women...]
>>  Assuming you were listening to Lulu then yes it was a women.
>
> Apparently this "lulu" person is/was extremely attractive. Personally,
> listening to that grinding voice, all I could think of was that evil
> witch person from Tales from the Crypt.

Physically not quite my type, but not instantly turn-downable.

>>> A real dead ringer for love.
>>  Ah Mr Loaf
>
> Even *I* recognise that voice... [That's rare!]

I'm sure you can recognise Kylie, McCartney, Madonna, Heather Small,
Bowie... (INPO)

>> Nice mix I'd have listened to those with something approaching pleasure.
>
> The ones I can't even remembe were much less interesting. [Tautology?]

Um you've not been writing speeches for Dubya have you

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com