POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Music selection (Message 101 to 110 of 241)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Music selection
Date: 6 Feb 2008 06:54:33
Message: <47a99ff9@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> My car's 17 years old. I use one of those cassette adaptors and the
>> MP3 player in my phone. Works a treat. :)
>
> I've tried that, but the sound quality tends to be really, *really* low.
> (Or maybe the adaptor I used was just cheap, I'm not sure.)

Well, the amp isn't great, the speakers are cheap, the adaptor is, as
you say, sub-optimal and the MP3 is also by definition a lower-quality
version of the sound (discuss), but then again the noise made by engine,
wind, fan etc in an old car pretty much swamps all the hifi
shortcomings. I just tend to crank the volume up until I can hear most
of the frequencies and sing along at the top of my voice (such as it is).

:)

Post a reply to this message

>> I've tried that, but the sound quality tends to be really, *really*
>> low. (Or maybe the adaptor I used was just cheap, I'm not sure.)
>
> Well, the amp isn't great, the speakers are cheap, the adaptor is, as
> you say, sub-optimal and the MP3 is also by definition a lower-quality
> version of the sound (discuss), but then again the noise made by engine,
> wind, fan etc in an old car pretty much swamps all the hifi
> shortcomings. I just tend to crank the volume up until I can hear most
> of the frequencies and sing along at the top of my voice (such as it is).
>
> :)

I'm a musician.

Actually, on this particulr car [not mine], if you play a CD it sounds
fairly good. But if you use the tape adaptor, it sounds horrid. Still,
if the engine is loud enough...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> I've tried that, but the sound quality tends to be really, *really*
>>> low. (Or maybe the adaptor I used was just cheap, I'm not sure.)
>>
>> Well, the amp isn't great, the speakers are cheap, the adaptor is, as
>> you say, sub-optimal and the MP3 is also by definition a lower-quality
>> version of the sound (discuss), but then again the noise made by
>> engine, wind, fan etc in an old car pretty much swamps all the hifi
>> shortcomings. I just tend to crank the volume up until I can hear most
>> of the frequencies and sing along at the top of my voice (such as it is).
>>
>> :)
>
> I'm a musician.

Well, I wouldn't try that as an alternative to a bad car stereo.
Especially if you're driving ;-)

Post a reply to this message