POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:10:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 Feb 2008 06:54:33
Message: <47a99ff9@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> My car's 17 years old. I use one of those cassette adaptors and the
>> MP3 player in my phone. Works a treat. :)
>
> I've tried that, but the sound quality tends to be really, *really* low.
> (Or maybe the adaptor I used was just cheap, I'm not sure.)

Well, the amp isn't great, the speakers are cheap, the adaptor is, as
you say, sub-optimal and the MP3 is also by definition a lower-quality
version of the sound (discuss), but then again the noise made by engine,
wind, fan etc in an old car pretty much swamps all the hifi
shortcomings. I just tend to crank the volume up until I can hear most
of the frequencies and sing along at the top of my voice (such as it is).

:)