POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) (Message 1 to 10 of 37)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming)
Date: 30 Jan 2008 16:30:47
Message: <47a0ec87@news.povray.org>
I just received a series of job offers from Sony Pictures. Since I'm not a
CG developer I'm not interested but possibly some folks here (Rune, Warp
etc.) could be "good fits" as Tiffany says.

G.

I work for Sony Pictures.  I found your contact information while searching
the web for Ray Tracers.  I don't know if you are looking for a new
opportunity, or maybe you know someone else that might be.  But I thought
I'd forward our job openings to you.  If you, or someone you know, may be a
good fit, please feel free to contact me directly at
therrington at imageworks.com

Tiffany Herrington
Recruiter
Sony Imageworks

Graphics Software Developer - Katana
We are seeking a smart, motivated and versatile graphics software developer
to work on our revolutionary in-house lighting and compositing package.
Katana has been used to render characters, environments and effects for
blockbuster movies like Spider-Man 3, Beowulf and Surf's Up.
You will be working with a team of experienced and surprisingly attractive
individuals who will help you reach your ultimate potential.
Responsibilities include working closely with production to develop
cutting-edge features and responding quickly to user feedback through weekly
releases of the application.
We value experience, but will consider newbies with a passion for:
    * Image processing
    * Python programming
    * GUI programming
    * OpenGL and 3D math
    * C/C++ programming and Linux
    * Parallel programming and high-performance computing
Imageworks offers the innovative freedom of a startup with the stability of
a large, profitable and growing movie studio. You will share a hard working,
fun atmosphere of creativity with other talented software developers,
graphics researchers, artists, animators and story tellers.
Please send your resume to swjobs at imageworks.com
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an EO/AA employer.

Senior Software Engineer Rendering/Raytracing
We are seeking a motivated and versatile graphics software developer to join
the Sony Imageworks Rendering R&D team. You will be working with a group of
experienced developers with strong ties to the ray-tracing research
community.
You will help us improve and maintain existing features of the renderer that
was used to render movies like Monster House, Surf's Up and Beowulf. In
addition, you will research and implement next generation production
raytracing algorithms to improve performance.
We are looking for experienced developers with a passion for:
    * raytracing and rendering (Prman, Mental Ray, Gelato etc)
    * C/C++ programming
Please send your resume to swjobs at mageworks.com
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an EO/AA employer.

Graphics Software Developer
Sony Pictures Imageworks, an Academy Award winning digital production
studio, is seeking a software developer to design and maintain 3d graphics
software for modeling and animation.
Required Skills:
    * C/C++
    * Linux (RedHat/Centos)
    * 3d graphics math
    * OpenGL and graphics cards
Desirable skills:
    * Python programming
    * Knowledge of Maya API, Houdini
    * GUI programming (eg Qt/!PyQt)
Please send your resume to swjobs at imageworks.com
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an EO/AA employer.

Motion Capture and Image Processing Developer
Sony Pictures Imageworks, an Academy Award winning digital production
studio, is seeking a software developer to develop algorithms, tools and
application interfacing for motion capture and computer vision.
Required Skills:
    * C/C++
    * Fundamentals of computer vision
    * Image and signal processing
Desirable skills:
    * Python programming
    * Knowledge of Maya API, DIVA and Blade
    * Matlab
Please send your resume to swjobs at imageworks.com
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an EO/AA employer.

--
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message