POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) : Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming)
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 31 Jan 2008 08:45:00
Message: <web.47a1d02452919f3be2b2e7080@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>   I can understand spoken and written English perfectly, and I can write
> English quite fluently, but I can't speak English fluently. ...
>                                                           - Warp

I understand all to well what you mean.  When working in a language that one
does not speak on a daily basis, having that extra time that reading and
writing provides in contrast to listening and speaking can make all the
difference, even if it's just a few moments that one needs to reflect and
focus.  If the opportunity is otherwise of genuine interest to you, I would
advise sending a written expression of interest in which you briefly summarize
your background and set forth the potential issue with spoken English just as
you have here.  Not that I can readily place myself in the position of a
Dreamworks executive, but if I were doing the hiring, I would place a much
higher positive value on an applicant's honesty and forthrightness than the
very small negative value attached to having to spend a few months getting up

to lose?

Best Regards,
Mike C.