POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Haskell goodies (Message 93 to 102 of 102)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Haskell goodies
Date: 1 Feb 2008 01:19:43
Message: <47a2b9ff$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> (my point being that Andy thinks he sucks at things he's never tried,
>> and if that's the criteria, then we all suck at even more things <g>)
>
> By that definition, I suck at sex.
>
> Which may or may not be true, IDK.
>
> (Hmm... maybe "suck" is the wrong term...)

You mean, you suck poorly.

(I think that was in a Heinlein novel...)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2008 01:22:03
Message: <47a2ba8b$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> andrel wrote:
>>> There will always be statements that can not be proven within a set
>>> of axioms and theories.
>>
>> The one part of this I've never figured out is...

> IIRC it is one of those proofs where you assume something is possible.

No, you actually construct the string that the formalism can't prove.
The string consists of essentially saying "this cannot be proven." If
you can prove it, then it's false. If you can't prove it, then it's true
but unprovable.

I understand it at that level, but it would seem to need a
jump-out-of-the-system kind of analysis. I.e., that you *know* it "says"
this cannot be proven.