POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies : Re: Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell goodies
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2008 01:22:03
Message: <47a2ba8b$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> andrel wrote:
>>> There will always be statements that can not be proven within a set
>>> of axioms and theories.
>>
>> The one part of this I've never figured out is...

> IIRC it is one of those proofs where you assume something is possible.

No, you actually construct the string that the formalism can't prove.
The string consists of essentially saying "this cannot be proven." If
you can prove it, then it's false. If you can't prove it, then it's true
but unprovable.

I understand it at that level, but it would seem to need a
jump-out-of-the-system kind of analysis. I.e., that you *know* it "says"
this cannot be proven.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?