POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Haskell goodies (Message 41 to 50 of 102)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Haskell goodies
Date: 30 Jan 2008 13:48:16
Message: <47a0c670@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> (But then, in an Ask the Audience round one time, 4% of the people
> thought that "Ludwig van Bathoven" was English. Hell, even *I* can
> figure that out out...)

Beethoven.  wonderful painter, huh? ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 30 Jan 2008 15:21:46
Message: <47a0dc5a$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>> Just FYI, Russell did for set theory (i.e., the basis of most or all
>>> modern math) what Godel and Turing did for their fields.
>>
>> *resists urge to ask who Godel is*
>
> good thing your curiosity was not complete. ;)
>
> well, at least you seem aware of Turing.  or at least his machine...

I live about 15 miles from Bletchley Part. C'mon! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 30 Jan 2008 15:25:56
Message: <47a0dd54@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> hey, Orchid, do you care for anything other than math and algorythms?

Yeah. Watching darts is fun. ;-)

> Do you know how the real world works?

Actually no. Do you??

> How about getting started on it
> rather than being flamed to death as someone stupid?

I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before... It basically
amounts to "I don't know where to start".

But either way, I don't see how it's necessary to know who Russell is to
participate in "the real world". :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/