POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies : Re: Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell goodies
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 30 Jan 2008 15:54:06
Message: <47a0e3ee@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:

>>> BTW, it sounds like "BEH zee ay", according to wikipedia:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_B%C3%A9zier
>>>
>>> no final R sound?
>>>
>> Nope, in French the letters "er" at the end of words are generally

> So why are the first two sounds different?

In fact they are not really different :-)

I guess they transcribed it in this way because of the neighbouring "i"
that blends with the last sound a bit. On the other hand I'm not a
native English speaker so the transcription is not easy for me to
interpret...

"i" (pronounced as in "fit"). I don't know if that sort of sound is
common in English, I can't find any good example right now...

and none of the numerous variants in English :-)

--
Vincent