POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Haskell goodies (Message 13 to 22 of 102)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: Haskell goodies
Date: 30 Jan 2008 05:40:58
Message: <47a0543a$1@news.povray.org>

web.479fb26b821471c45e094060@news.povray.org...

> you know, if you think Bertrand Russel's contribution to mankind is the
> same as
> some underground band, you are in need of some serious perspective...

It reminds me of some brain-dead discussions at Wikipedia regarding page
redirections. For instance, some folks apparently thought that the Java page
should point first to the programming language or at least to a
disambiguation page, with reasons like this one :

Actual WTF quote:  "I don't believe the island to hold much notability
compared to coffee or the programming language."

I like geeks, but sometimes they should be forcefully dragged out of their
cubicles/basements/hobbitholes and sent to work in some paddy fields for a
while.

G.

Post a reply to this message