POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies : Re: Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell goodies
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 30 Jan 2008 06:03:59
Message: <47a0599f$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> you know, if you think Bertrand Russel's contribution to mankind is
>> the same as
>> some underground band, you are in need of some serious perspective...
>
> Oh, I see. So you think that I should know about every "important"
> person in history?

No, it's just that if you choose to enter a discussion on something
without doing any research (or being completely ignorant to the subject
being discussed), you should expect to get flamed.

You mentioned Russell's Paradox earlier (which would make for a very
quick and easy Google or Wikipedia search) and the article posted in the
link had a link to a good description of it.  Given that much
information in such a small thread, is there any justification for
entering a conversation about a topic without knowing what's going on,
let alone making a post simply saying "I don't know who Russell was or
what his paradox is?"

I think that's the whole point of the remark that nemesis made earlier.
  It's not like the information wasn't there, it's just that the
information wasn't used at all.  Like I said, a brief scan of the linked
article (followed by clicking a link right near the top of the page) or
a Google/Wikipedia search would have returned more than enough data.

--
-Ian