POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web design IE mysterium Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Web design IE mysterium (Message 1 to 10 of 52)
From: Rune
Subject: Web design IE mysterium
Date: 20 Jan 2008 00:49:19
Message: <4792e0df@news.povray.org>
I'm working on implementing a new design on my website (based on the mock-up
I posted about earlier) and I've come quite far. Web design seems to have
become much easier since six years ago, where browsers had far more peculiar
behaviours than now.

However, Internet Explorer 6 (being quite old, but still widely used) still
renders certain things very strangely.

This page works fine in Firefox 2.0:
http://runevision.com/temp/new_design_test.htm

However, when I view it with IE 6 some of the boxes are completely white, or
flickers white, and they also have a white, unshaded left border. I have
really no idea what causes this, and haven't been able to find help on the
net (I don't know what to search for).

Do you see the same artefacts in IE? Are you using IE6 or IE7?

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Rune
--