POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web design IE mysterium : Re: Web design IE mysterium Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web design IE mysterium
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Jan 2008 01:48:19
Message: <4792eeb3@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> This page works fine in Firefox 2.0:
> http://runevision.com/temp/new_design_test.htm

I use FF 2.0.0.3 and I see no problems.

> However, when I view it with IE 6 some of the boxes are completely white, or
> flickers white, and they also have a white, unshaded left border. I have
> really no idea what causes this, and haven't been able to find help on the
> net (I don't know what to search for).
>
> Do you see the same artefacts in IE? Are you using IE6 or IE7?

I tested your site with IE7, and I see a couple of rendering errors. The
first occurs at every 'box'. It manifests as a continuance of the
left/right box graphics extending below the bottom graphic (shown in
attached image). I also get the unshaded left border at each box. All
these boxes are affected by the unshaded left border: 'Fractal Structure
And Some Red', 'Burn in Hell', 'No More Chrome Spheres Please', 'Merry
Christmas on The South Pole', 'Tunnel', 'Impossible Triangle', 'Red
Dragon', 'Tubes', 'Torus Fractal', 'Green Dragon' and 'Pens'.

I hope this helps.

> Any idea how to fix it?

Yeah, convince the world not to use IE :)

Sam

P.S. I'm still finding (good) uses for your Illusion include file!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ie_re1.png' (8 KB)

Preview of image 'ie_re1.png'