POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question of the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Question of the day... (Message 41 to 50 of 86)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: Question of the day...
Date: 28 Jan 2008 09:54:14
Message: <op.t5naamu8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:43:33 -0000, Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:16:16 -0000, "Phil Cook"
> <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>
>> And lo on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:25:03 -0000, Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom>
>> did spake, saying:

>>> Why should the Blasphemers get all the fun :)
>>
>> Just one (other) mistranslation and things could have been so different
>> "As punishment for your blasphemy, and as prescribed by our Holy Book,
>> you
>> must smoke your way through this entire baggie of grass until you are
>> thoroughly stoned"
>
> They don't call me Saint Stephen for nothing.
>
> Actually they don't call me Saint Stephen at all, at all :)

Ah St. St. so good they named him twice:-P

>>> A friend of mine explained it perfectly saying.
>>> "When you're dead, you're dead"
>>> That works for me.
>>
>> Unless you're a zombie, or a ghost, or a vampire, or a werewolf... oh
>> wait
>> that last one's just stupid; werewolves aren't dead.
>
> Are you some sort of ist? What do you have against Duppies?

Nothing, I think they're great for an aquarium.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> > They don't call me Saint Stephen for nothing.
> >
> > Actually they don't call me Saint Stephen at all, at all :)
>
> Ah St. St. so good they named him twice:-P

It's the same as with other titles. The more Saints he get the more miracles he
can do, am I right? ;)
Isn't there a book talking about Saint Stephen?

Regards
       bluetree

Post a reply to this message

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> > They don't call me Saint Stephen for nothing.
>> >
>> > Actually they don't call me Saint Stephen at all, at all :)
>>
>> Ah St. St. so good they named him twice:-P
>
> It's the same as with other titles. The more Saints he get the more
> miracles he
> can do, am I right? ;)

So miraculous they named a road after him - St. St. St.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message