POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pachelbel Rant Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:29 EDT (-0400)
  Pachelbel Rant (Message 1 to 10 of 36)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Pachelbel Rant
Date: 19 Jan 2008 20:31:28
Message: <4792a470$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Pachelbel Rant
Date: 20 Jan 2008 03:19:30
Message: <47930412@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

  There's one cool insight (well known, but still cool) there: Even modern
music is based in the exact same principles as music over 300 years old.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 20 Jan 2008 05:24:29
Message: <4793215d@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   There's one cool insight (well known, but still cool) there: Even modern
> music is based in the exact same principles as music over 300 years old.

Depending, of course, on which modern music one is referring to :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71hNl_skTZQ

But I understand your point, and it is sort of cool.

Post a reply to this message

>>   There's one cool insight (well known, but still cool) there: Even
>> modern
>> music is based in the exact same principles as music over 300 years old.
>
> Depending, of course, on which modern music one is referring to :-)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71hNl_skTZQ
>
> But I understand your point, and it is sort of cool.

Agreed and all, but that video there is pretty cool too! I don't listen to
noise music as such (don't even know if this one here is actually in that
genre) but elements like these often appear in music I hear, combined with

mind.)

Rune
--
http://runevision.com