POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pachelbel Rant : Re: Pachelbel Rant Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pachelbel Rant
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 20 Jan 2008 14:22:37
Message: <47939f7d$1@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> "Kevin Wampler" wrote:
> Agreed and all, but that video there is pretty cool too!

I like it as well, part of the reason I linked it (written in 1958 by
the way!).  The composer,Ligeti, is actually one of the more classical
composers of the latter half of the 20th century.  In fact, you've
probably heard other music of his without knowing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBT__4ldjAs

I'll admit that it took me a bit of effort to learn to enjoy listening
to this sort of music, but I've ultimately found it to be very worth it.

> I don't listen to
> noise music as such (don't even know if this one here is actually in that
> genre) but elements like these often appear in music I hear, combined with

> mind.)

I'll take a look at them, it sounds like interesting music, and though
I've been meaning to I haven't really listened to much noise music.