POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pachelbel Rant : Re: Pachelbel Rant Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pachelbel Rant
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2008 13:59:18
Message: <47939a06$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM
>
>   There's one cool insight (well known, but still cool) there: Even modern
> music is based in the exact same principles as music over 300 years old.

My brother was telling me about a book he read that I have on order
right now. "This is your brain on music" by Levitin. He studies the
neurology of what happens when you listen to music. And then he
illustrates it with examples from popular music (like the Beatles, not
Pachelbel. :-) He's not a nerd, so it's probably pretty readable. If
you're interested in this stuff, the wiring of why the principles work
is likely to be fascinating. I just need to get my copy. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it