POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New web design mock-up Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  New web design mock-up (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Rune
Subject: New web design mock-up
Date: 16 Jan 2008 14:10:13
Message: <478e5695@news.povray.org>
I plan on redesigning my website. I can get really started in a week, when
I've handed in the last of three January exam papers, but so far I've worked
on a mock-up of how I'd like it to look.

Image of old design: http://runevision.com/temp/design_old.png
Mock-up of new design: http://runevision.com/temp/design_sketch.png

The old design was made six years ago and basically was targeted at fellow
hobbyists exclusively. Now, I'd like to expand the targeted audience with a
new group: People from the game industry who might drop by my site. (I'm
heading for a career in the game industry.) So I'd like to make them easily
find out about my skills and also impress with a slick, professional looking
site, that leaves a good impression and maybe even is memorable. Of course
it should be just as accessible as before for the hobbyists at the same
time...

The results of my thoughts are above. What do you think?

The new site has a lot more focus on me as a person. The reason is to make
it perfectly clear that there's just one person behind all the content on
the site and also to better link the site with the person. I hope it doesn't
come across as too narcissistic or self-centered in a bad way.

I also tried something new with the colors. Normally deep blue and aqua
would have been my first choice for a color scheme, signaling reliability,
depth, and sophistication. However, I was going for something more fresh and
slightly daring. I went with green (organic, new beginnings and growth) and
a little orange (flamboyant and energetic) and in combination, the colors
are also slightly sporty. Enclosing these wild colors in smooth, glassy
boxes hopefully creates a somewhat unique look. I could go out on a limb
analyzing my own design and say that it signals that I have an ability to
take raw creativity and work it into clean and tidy designs...?

Hehe, anyway, let me know what thoughts it provokes in you. :)

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message