POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New web design mock-up : Re: New web design mock-up Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New web design mock-up
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jan 2008 04:35:04
Message: <478f2148$1@news.povray.org>
> Hehe, anyway, let me know what thoughts it provokes in you. :)

I never liked the old version that much. With all the black, large areas
of flat grey, and simple angular lines, it feels like you've stumbled
back into the dark ages of the CLI.

The new version uses lots of light colours, so it doesn't feel like your
wondering around in a dark room any more. It has much more space and
openness to it. In all, it seems a lot more inviting.

I'm not too keen on the flat blue background. I'd probably add a slight
texturing to it, just to add a little interest. I realise you're
probably aiming for a "clean, uncluttered" look, but to me it seems a
little empty.

I'm also not too keen on the particular shade of green you've chosen.
I'd have probably chosen a brighter, more saturated colour, or a darker
"emerald" green. I'm generally not keen on yellow-greens. Maybe it's
just me. But hey, you asked my personal opinion! ;-)

I think the orange and yellow colours you've used work quite nicely with
the green.

Personally, I dislike sans serif typefaces. But apparently nobody else
does, so...

The logo of your head looks like it could use a bit more antialias. It
looks kinda grainy at the moment, while the rest of the page is
deliciously smooth and crisp.

PS. Is your neck really that long?

PPS. I really suck at designing things to make them look good... :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/