POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New web design mock-up : Re: New web design mock-up Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New web design mock-up
From: Rune
Date: 17 Jan 2008 07:43:13
Message: <478f4d61@news.povray.org>
"Invisible" wrote:
> I never liked the old version that much. With all the black, large areas
> of flat grey, and simple angular lines, it feels like you've stumbled back
> into the dark ages of the CLI.

I liked it back when I made it, but yeah, I've gotten tired of it now.

> The new version uses lots of light colours, so it doesn't feel like your
> wondering around in a dark room any more. It has much more space and
> openness to it. In all, it seems a lot more inviting.

:)

> I'm not too keen on the flat blue background. I'd probably add a slight
> texturing to it, just to add a little interest. I realise you're probably
> aiming for a "clean, uncluttered" look, but to me it seems a little empty.

Sure, it's worth considering. I'll try various things out and see what I
prefer.

> I'm also not too keen on the particular shade of green you've chosen. I'd
> have probably chosen a brighter, more saturated colour, or a darker
> "emerald" green. I'm generally not keen on yellow-greens. Maybe it's just
> me. But hey, you asked my personal opinion! ;-)

Yeah, I did. :) I don't think I'll change that green though.

> I think the orange and yellow colours you've used work quite nicely with
> the green.

:)

> Personally, I dislike sans serif typefaces. But apparently nobody else
> does, so...

I like sans serif, but besides that, research show that serif typefaces are
easier to read in print and sans serif are easier to read on the screen, so
they're mostly used that way.

> The logo of your head looks like it could use a bit more antialias. It
> looks kinda grainy at the moment, while the rest of the page is
> deliciously smooth and crisp.

Yeah, that part is still mock-up.

> PS. Is your neck really that long?

Apparently - the "drawing" is in fact a manipulation of a real photo.

> PPS. I really suck at designing things to make them look good... :-(

Have you tried? It takes exercise... :)

Rune
--
http://runevision.com